ARGUS Scrap Markets
Argus Scrap Markets provides accurate, unbiased pricing and reporting across ferrous and non-ferrous scrap, covering steel, stainless steel, base and minor metals. A wide range of new European, Middle Eastern, Asia-Pacific and American scrap prices have been introduced to Argus Scrap Markets – delivering a truly global service for the scrap and smelting industry.
Besides indexation-standard assessments, the service includes additional regional price data from Argus Ferrous Markets and Argus Non-Ferrous Markets. Subscribers also gain access to powerful tools on the Argus Metals platform, such as the Argus Alloy Calculator for calculating scrap value, and customisable price alerts.
The Argus US Ferrous Scrap report is available for those seeking a concise and focused view of regional settlement prices in the US, supporting contract settlement and indexation with the Southern US busheling and shredded weighted average assessments, and newly added Mexico ferrous scrap specifications for #1 busheling, Mixto, Pesado and P&S.
- Access to the Argus Metals platform, your dedicated, global platform: Receive the very latest market reporting from around the world, quickly and conveniently.
- Track your markets, your way: Effortlessly track, compare and set up alerts for your key prices and markets.
- Perform in-depth analysis, quickly and easily: Use powerful analytical tools such as custom graphing, the Argus Alloy calculator and more.
- Access comprehensive market data and downloads: Examine extensive raw data files, with currency and unit conversions.
- Receive daily market reporting and intelligence: Get key headlines, insightful commentaries and pricing snapshots delivered to your inbox.
- Get full market clarity: Stay up to date with the what, where and why via continuous, expert, global coverage.
- Global ferrous and non-ferrous scrap
- Steel and stainless steel
- Base and minor metals
- Scrap freight rates
- More than 350 global price assessments
- A global service with teams in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe and the Americas
- Exchange data available from the LME, CME (Comex and Nymex) and SHFE
- Breaking news from the world’s non-ferrous markets, wherever you are
- In-depth analysis of key developments, giving you a greater understanding
- Independent, transparent and trusted methodology
Customers that benefit
The Argus Scrap Markets service provides a strong view of the metal markets in the context of the global scrap and smelting industry. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Scrap yards and traders rely on Argus’ price assessments for ferrous and non-ferrous scrap to support their negotiating positions and as the reliable basis for contract settlement and indexation with their counterparties
- Steel mill buyers and their scrapyard suppliers rely on the Argus Scrap Markets service for settlement values, as well as market insight on regional supply and demand for ferrous scrap across the globe
- Automotive recyclers use the Argus Scrap Markets service for scrap prices for shredded metals, including copper, aluminium and steel
- Automotive parts manufacturers using aluminium, steel, copper, nickel, stainless steel and other metals in manufacturing processes generate a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap. The Argus Scrap Markets service's market data is used to index scrap shipments to recyclers for processing
- Aluminum recyclers need buying prices for the used beverage cans they process. If their offers are too high, razor-thin margins erode. But if they are too low, the smelter is starved of supply and must turn to higher-cost feedstocks. Exchange data feeds and Argus’ price indexes provide this business with supply certainty at the right sustainable price