ARGUS North American Natural Gas Forward Curves
The Argus North American Natural Gas Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions in natural gas markets across North America.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need to see the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. You can trust Argus' forward curves to provide deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
We cover daily assessments of natural gas forwards at more than 80 locations, including all the major natural gas hubs and relevant trading locations in North America, including:
- Gulf coast/south Texas
- Daily assessments provided in monthly granularity as well as Natural Gas Seasonal Block and Electricity Seasonal Block
- Calendar and quarterly forward contracts
- Basis differential to CME Henry Hub futures, as well as fixed prices
- A minimum of seven-year forward curves
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Your choice of delivery options: Data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
We provide a proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus North American Natural Gas Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to North American gas markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties and internal valuations.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis in determining locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.
- Gas marketers use Argus natural gas forward curves when making decisions on bilateral forward sales.
- Pipeline and storage operations managers use our forward curves to plan and value current and future natural gas operational requirements.
- Chemical manufacturers in charge of procurement trust our forward curves to help with hedging and asset optimisation.