ARGUS Marine Fuels
The Argus Marine Fuels service is the most comprehensive source of daily marine fuel prices and spot deals, covering the world’s most important bunker locations.
In addition, the service provides the latest market-moving news, analysis and access to unique scrubber installation data. The service is a must-have for anyone involved in shipping, refining or trading marine fuels.
The service includes a global portfolio of more than 120 bunker prices, accurately capturing price movement and taking into consideration different specifications. In addition to retail bunker prices, we also publish wholesale fuel oil prices, which are comprised of barges and cargos.
- North America
- South America
- Mideast Gulf
- A global portfolio of IMO compliant 0.5pc very low-sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) prices
- ECA-compliant 0.1pc sulphur bunker prices
- Global MGO prices
- High-sulphur 380cst fuel oil prices
- Residual fuel oil wholesale cargo and barge prices
- Daily market commentary with spot bunker fuel deals
- Volume Weighted Average (VMA) assessments based on reported daily deals, for the most liquid bunker locations
- Marketing-moving industry news
- Global scrubber database with information on individual vessels and shipping companies
- Transparent methodology, developed with the industry to accurately reflect the way it trades
Customers that benefit
The Argus Marine Fuels service provides unique market data and intelligent analysis of the increasingly complex marine fuels market. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Shipowners and charterers can track the price of various bunker fuels to aid decision-making processes.
- Marine fuel blenders and resellers can track the price of various bunker fuels to make the best decisions about their products and strategy.
- Marine fuel traders and brokers can rely on our data throughout the trade, from pre-trade analysis to settlement prices for term delivery.
- Analysts that need to stay on top of key market developments find our service an invaluable source of information.
- Financial institutions use Argus data and insights to value deals and construct sensible financial products.