Index to sections
About Argus Media Limited
Third party content/sites
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These are the terms which apply to your access and use of the www.argusmedia.com website, any other website operated by Argus Media Limited and any of our mobile or desktop apps and services (the “Argus Content Platforms”). We use the term Argus Content to mean the content and services available on the Argus Content Platforms.
These terms apply to you, as an individual. Your access to, and use of, Argus Content may also be subject to:
(a) the terms of any separate subscription, licence and/or similar agreement which you, or your employer, have entered into with us (a “Subscription”); and
(b) provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Argus Content Platforms (“Legal Notices"),
and these terms shall operate in conjunction with but shall not take precedence over a Subscription or a Legal Notice.
By accessing, downloading or using an Argus Content Platform or using Argus Content, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use any Argus Content Platforms or Argus Content.
These terms were last updated on 12 May 2018.
These terms are drafted in the English language. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the English language version and any translation, the English language version prevails.
About Argus Media Limited
The Argus Content Platforms are operated by Argus Media Limited (we, us or our), a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01642534, whose registered office is at Lacon House, 84 Theobald's Road, London, WC1X 8NL (VAT registration number: GB 282921096). In these terms, Argus Media means Argus Media Limited and any of Argus Media Limited’s subsidiaries and holding companies from time to time (and subsidiaries of those holding companies).
If you have questions regarding these terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that we (and our licensors and other third parties) own all copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Argus Content Platforms and Argus Content. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you.
For information about how you may use Argus Content that is made available free of charge across the Argus Content Platforms (being content which does not require the use of a log in, password or other form of authentication (“Access Details”) and/or a Subscription to access that content), please see our Copyright Policy. All other access to and use of Argus Content is governed by the terms of your applicable Subscription. Contact us here if you do not have a Subscription.
You may not use our registered or unregistered trademarks without our permission and you may not use third party trademarks, logos and trade names appearing on the Argus Content Platforms without the permission of the relevant third party. For more details please see our Trademarks Notice.
Some areas of the Argus Content Platforms will only be available to subscribers and to potential subscribers on a trial basis at our discretion; and access will only be possible with Access Details. We may, at any time, vary the access rights of users who do not access the Argus Content Platforms pursuant to a paid for Subscription.
Your Access Details are confidential to you, and you must not disclose them to or share them with anyone else. Argus does not allow multiple users (networked or otherwise) to access the Argus Content Platforms through a single name and password. You must notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware that any Access Details have become known to, or used by, any person other than you.
You may use the Argus Content Platforms only for lawful business purposes. You may NOT:
• use the Argus Content Platforms in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, or that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• engage in any behaviour that is or is likely to be perceived as defamatory, threatening, abusive, misleading, offensive or otherwise inappropriate or could cause damage to our reputation or that of any third party;
• use the Argus Content Platforms as a repository for your documents or information;
• misuse the Argus Content Platforms by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other code or material which is malicious or technologically harmful or which otherwise attack the Argus Content Platforms (e.g. a denial-of-service attack);
• access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of the Argus Content Platforms, any equipment or network on which the Argus Content Platforms are stored, any software used in the provision of the Argus Content Platforms, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
• copy, store, adapt, modify, work-around, by-pass, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, otherwise tamper with or prepare derivative works based upon any software used in the delivery or making available of an Argus Content Platform, or otherwise exploit all or a portion of the underlying data, systems or software;
• seek to circumvent access or security controls, attempt to render the Argus Content Platforms inaccessible, or interfere with other users' use of the Argus Content Platforms; or
• override any security feature of the Argus Content Platforms.
The Argus Content Platforms and Argus Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and we give no warranties, representations or guarantees that the Argus Content are in sequence, accurate, up-to-date or complete or that use of the Argus Content Platforms will be uninterrupted, error-free or meet your particular requirements. Save as expressly set out in these terms, we hereby exclude all warranties, terms and conditions, obligations, liabilities and representations that might be implied or otherwise incorporated into these terms whether by statute, common law or otherwise, including any warranties, terms and conditions, obligations, liabilities and representations relating to title, quality or fitness for purpose.
Use of the Argus Content Platforms and the Argus Content is entirely at your risk and you assume full responsibility for all use and reliance upon such use. None of the Argus services, including without limitation, the Argus Content Platforms and the Argus Content constitute advice or recommendations. We shall not be liable to you nor to any other party, for any loss or damage, howsoever caused and whether or not for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such loss or damage, arising in connection with the use or inability to use, the Argus Content Platforms or the Argus Content or in respect of any means of delivering them.
Third Party content/sites
Where the Argus Content Platforms contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility or liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and Applicable law
These terms and any dispute or claim arising from, or related to, access to and/or use of the Argus Content Platforms, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute or claim, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.