The Argus Bitumen service is your comprehensive weekly source of price assessments for the domestic and export bitumen and asphalt markets.
We have assessments for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, as well as expert commentary on market movements.
Argus understands bitumen markets on a local and global level, and is continually developing content by responding to the market as it evolves. The Argus Bitumen service is a must-have service for anyone seeking reliable bitumen prices and expert market intelligence.
- Mediterranean, northwest and central European domestic bitumen prices
- Inland truck export prices into Germany and Romania
- Waterborne Europe/Africa cargo export price premiums or discounts to high-sulphur fuel oil (HSFO)
- Waterborne Mideast Gulf and Asia-Pacific export prices
- Delivered cargo prices into key consuming locations in Europe, Africa and Asia
- Assessments for central Europe including Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, with domestic and export prices for trucked shipments to importing markets
- In-depth coverage of central European and Balkan bitumen markets, as well as mature European markets such as the UK and France
- Dedicated African section focused on sub-Saharan countries, including price quotes for imports into Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya and Nigeria, as well as exports from Ivory Coast
- Focused Asia-Pacific section with prices from the main Chinese refineries
- Iranian export sales data for various grades and local Iranian market information
- Freight movements and vessel information
- Country-by-country import and export data; available to download
- Topical, market-moving news with expert commentary
- Clear, transparent methodology
Customers that benefit
Market participants use the Argus Bitumen service for accurate and relevant bitumen pricing and market information. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Refiners rely on Argus’ accurate and impartial indexes to provide transparency in opaque and volatile bulk markets. Argus’ prices are referenced in asphalt contracts for domestic and international trade.
- Bitumen resellers and distributors involved in the retail segment use Argus’ rack prices as a reliable insight into buying and selling in a highly competitive market environment.
- Traders involved in the global trade of bitumen products benefit from a credible pricing index when dealing with contracts. Argus also provides up-to-date information on market-moving events that could open or shut spot arbitrage opportunities in an increasingly globalised bitumen market.
- Concrete and cement manufacturers use Argus’ prices as a reference for competing material.
Request more information