ARGUS Base Oils Outlook
Stay ahead of the curve with the Argus Base Oils Outlook product — a monthly service that forecasts key base oils prices up to 12 months into the future.
With expert analysis of future price trends as well as a forward view of global market fundamentals, the Argus Base Oils Outlook service is your independent source of intelligence to aid planning and decision-making. Understand market movements with our independent analytical commentaries and reduce your exposure to spot market volatility.
- US: Group I SN 150, SN 500, bright stock, Group II N100, N220, N600 and 4cst domestic
- Europe: Group I SN 150, SN 500, bright stock and 4cst fca northwest Europe
- Middle East: 4cst ex-tank UAE
- Asia-Pacific: Group I SN 150, SN 500, bright stock, Group II N150, N500, 4cst cfr northeast Asia, 4cst cfr India and 4cst ex-tank UAE
- Major Group I, II and III base oil price forecasts from the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Full outlook price table
- Regional price forecast analysis and commentary, including an analytical framework and price trend analysis with reference to seasonality patterns and fundamentals
- Intra-grade spreads
- Intra-group spreads
- Gasoil/diesel spreads
Customers who benefit
The Argus Base Oils Outlook service is of particular interest to anyone interested in a comprehensive short-term forecast of supply and demand and key base oils prices. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Base oil producers and blenders use unbiased information on supply and demand to inform their exploration and production (E&P) activities and investment decisions.
- Base oil traders prepare for future need by understanding market movements using our data.
- Lubricant consumers use our price forecasts and analysis to enhance planning, budgeting and decision-making.