ARGUS Base Oils
Argus Base Oils is the only global spot price report published on a weekly basis. Keep track of reflective global base oil spot prices, market commentary, news and analysis for timely decision making.
Key features include
- Global spot prices for Group I, II, III base oils
- Access to historical data back to 2010
- Global crude, transport fuel and VGO prices
- Arbitrage tracking
- Vessel enquiries
- Freight rates
- Global refinery maintenance table
- Global capacity and expansions table
- Regional market commentaries
- Market analysis
- News stream
- Access to Data and Download files including global import/export data
- Northeast Asia
- India and UAE
- Europe and Turkey
- Russia and the FSU
- North America
- Latin America
Customers that benefit
- Base oil producers have the choice of spot or posted prices to negotiate the most market-appropriate term contract or spot deal. Refiners can track base oil premiums to feedstock costs for refinery optimisation by monitoring. Producers can target most lucrative overseas markets by monitoring prices in export destinations, also covered in the report.
- Traders can gain a global overview and track spot price movements across different regions. Weekly updates on plant maintenance schedules allow traders to identify regional short or long positions.
- Lubricant blenders can access base oil spot prices by group, viscosity and region to negotiate the most appropriate term or spot contract price for procurement. The global overview allows blenders to optimise supply chains and blending operations to maintain or boost finished lubricant margins. Refinery maintenance and capacity data can be used to signal and prepare blenders for changes in local or global supply. Base oil pricing can also be used to negotiate contracts with lubricant retailers.
- Additive companies can use global base oil spot prices to inform the cost of base oil feedstocks for additive production. Pricing, market commentary, news and analysis provides an overview of the base oils market necessary for engaging with clients, lubricant blenders purchasing additives for finished lubricant production.
- Lubricant retailers can use global base oil spot or posted prices to negotiate contracts for finished lubricants with lubricant blenders.
Argus Base Oils Newsletter
This FREE monthly email alert contains the latest industry news, insight and analysis, sent directly to your inbox.